South Carolina Hunter Jumper AssociationMembers • Points • Sanctioned Shows
Rules & Regulations
Download PDF of complete 2021 Rules & Regulations
All SCHJA Members must be familiar with and follow the current Rules & Regulations.
As of December 1, 2019:
- No Short or Long Stirup rider may cross enter into any other classes other than their Age Group Equitation in which fences are 2'6" or lower. Riders competing in the Schooling Pony, Children's Pony or pony Hunter divisions at "C" or "A" rated SCHJA shows are ineligible for the Short/Long Stirrup. Pg 24 & 32
- The Pre-Children's and Pre-Adult will be run as separate divisions when there are 3 or more entries in each division. If there are less than 3 entries in either, the division will be combined. Pg 31
As of December 1, 2018:
- The Palmetto Hunter Derby will now be offered at two heights. The class will still be pinned as one class, however a section for Non-Pro riders with a fence height of 2'9" with 3' options will go first in the first round order of go, followed by a 3' Unrestricted section with 3'3" options. In the Handy Round, the 3' Unrestricted section will return first, followed by the 2'9" Non-Pro Section.
- Removed requirement that at least one member of the Board must be a show manager. P9
- New Division for Year End Awards for 2019 at USEF Rated Shows – Long Stirrup Hunter
- Junior & Amateur Hunter Divisions will have two fence heights offered: 3’ and 3’3”. Exhibitors may choose which fence height over which to compete. They must declare at the in-gate prior to the start of the division and may not change heights while the division is being run.
- Addition to existing rule: Pre-Children's/Pre-Adult Working Hunter -
Open to all Junior and Adult Amateur riders on a horse or pony. Riders can not enter into any classes where the fence height exceeds 2'6" at the same show. Adult Amateur riders must meet amateur status requirements. (ADDITION AS FOLLOWS) Riders may not have shown over fences higher than 3 foot in the preceding two show years.
- New rule located in rules section after HORSE SHOW FENCES/COURSES: HORSE SHOW RINGS -
All riding rings in use should have proper lighting for the safety of horse and rider. Show management has the responsibility to provide proper lighting for the rings whenever they are in scheduled use.
As of December 1, 2016:
- To be in compliance with USEF Hunter Division changes at SCHJA sanctioned horse shows the following divisions have been changed as follows:
- Pre Green Working Hunter 3' and 3'3" will be renamed and scored Green Hunter 3' and 3'3".
- Green Working Hunter First Year and Green Working Hunter Second Year will be renamed and scored as Green Hunter 3'6" and 3'9".
- At Palmetto rated horse shows the following change has been made:
- Regular Working Hunter will now be named and scored as Performance Hunter at the heights of 2'9", 3', 3'3", 3'6". Open to all horses or ponies with out restriction to previous showing.